Variation 1: Stamping with 2 or more colors and 1 or more objects
What you need:
2 or more tempera paint colors
paper (any color that will show paint or you can print out the square or circle template included on this page
waterproof placemat or table cloth/garbage bag
apron or painting clothes
damp cloth for cleaning hands
small trays/containers for paint
1-3 stamping objects (ideas: cut sponges, Mega Blocks, wooden cubes, toilet paper roll, vegetable
1) Cover a table with a waterproof placemat (or garbage bag).
2) Put a small amount of paint in each container (choose colors that will mix
3) Place paper on placemat.
4) Have a damp cloth and cleaning
supplies close by.
5) Put stamping tools out.
1) “Today we are going to stamp patterns.”
2) “Here is the paint and objects to stamp with.”
3) “Watch me stamp.”
4) Place object in the paint.
5) Stamp the paper.
6) “I am going to choose another color and use the other object.”
7) Stamp the paper. Continue the pattern.
8) Pass the stamp to your child. “Your turn.”
9) Let your child experiment.